Taking cool pictures and posted them on Instagram can be fun, but do you feel like your friends pictures look just a bit better? They are probably adding filters to give their pictures just that little bit of edge they need to push them into the “stunning” category.
Here are a list of the filters and what effect you can get.
- Clarendon: Lightens up your highlights and makes shadows more prominent.
- Gingham: Adds a brighter, yellowy look to enhance your darker photos.
- Moon: Black & White images with deeper shadows.
- Lark: Intensifies colors. Great for outdoor shots for bluer blues and greener greens.
- Reyes: Retouching filter that desaturates. Great for portraits for that airbrushed look.
- Juno: Another good one for outdoors. Brings out the deeper tones.
- Slumber: Desaturates for a warmer feel.
- Crema: Desaturates for a vintage feel.
- Ludwig: Great for city shots. Intensifies colors.
- Aden: Adds pastel effect. Lowers contrast.
- Perpetua: Adds green to make photos more vibrant. Great for beach shots!
- Amaro: Adds centered light and darker edges.
- Mayfair: Also lightens center, but with more pinkish tones.
- Rise: Centers lightened with yellowish tones. Give a warm look.
- Hudson: Centers lightened with blueish tones. Gives a colder look.
- Valencia: Brightens up your dull colors. Great for showing off your new look in a selfie.
- X-PRO II: Gives a spotlight circle with darkened corners and bluer tones.
- Sierra: Softens photos with yellow tones.
- Willow: Black & White with softened look.
- LO-FI: Saturated colors and blurry effect.
- Inkwell: High contrast Black & White photos.
- Hefe: Gives you more saturation in a boxed shadow effect.
- Nashville: For that soft retro look.
Not enough filters? Well click your manage filters tool and open up a whole world of other filter options to add such as 1977, Kelvin, Skyline, Brooklyn and many more!
In addition to adding these wonderful filter effects, you can click on the wrench icon and adjust many things about the photo. Use your Adjust tool to create a tilted effect. You can also adjust brightness, contrast, warmth, saturation and color. Add fade, highlights, shadows, vignette or add tilt shift or sharpen your images. Use the Structure tool to add detail to your photos. Great for landscapes and flowers.
With all these fun features to explore using Instagram, you’ll be sure to dazzle your friends and family and look like a pro photographer! Enjoy!